We treat each of our clients like they're closing on a multi-million-dollar bi-level. There's no such thing as an insubstantial transaction in our eyes.
NO CREDIT SCORE REQUIRED!!! Bad Credit, no problem as long as you have not been evicted, have serious criminal history, a history of multiple pay-day loans, or excessive suits on accounts within 5 years.
Minimum Income Requirements: $1750/mo single & $2500/mo combined (These are the minumum income requirements to be considerd for residency)
- No felonies within last 7 years & no violent felonies, sex offenses, or gun-related felonies
- No evictions within the last 7 years & no current non-adjudicated eviction proceedings
- No excessive patterns of moral turptitude, i.e. mutliple felonies, excessive DWI's, evidence of drug abuse, domestic violence, etc.
- Must not have negative landlord references, property damages, or owe a prior garnishable rental balance (can they sue you for the balance?)
- Prospective tenants must provide verifiable sources of income. It is highly suggested not to include child support as hard income (make that your gravy). Unverifiable sources of income will not be considered.
- Prospective tenants should have the same source of income for twelve (12) months & unemployment compensation is not considered a qualifiying source of income. Applicants must have at least 6 months with the same employer.
- Applicants must provide 2 of their most recent pay stubs & a copy of a valid and current driver's license, military ID, or passport.
- Applicants with pets must provide all vet paperwork prior to residency.
- Self-employed applicants may submit the previous year's tax return as proof of income.
- Accepted applicants must pay a holding fee of $327.50 towards their balance within 48 hours & be able to pay the first month's rent and security deposit with all fees upon possession. Exceptions for the security deposit are made in profound cases at our discretion.
- Maximum of 2 adult applicants/residents per unit/apartment is strictly enforced.
- Every adult applicant must be at least 18 years old or older & everyone that is over 18 must be a lease holder if accepted.
- No excessive financial obligations, garnishments, or other debts.
- Applicants must have prior rental history or be able to provide a parent to guarantee (co-sign) the lease.
We get this question all the time, “why should I rent when I can pay the same when I buy?” It’s a really good point and buying a home isn’t as hard as it seems. Renting has its benefits that are often overlooked. I’m not talking about mobility or transferability for jobs because you can do that with a house and mortgage too.
The benefits of renting are the ability to use 12 months of paid-on-time rent checks as alternative credit, time to improve your credit for lower interest rates, and also the ability to save for the 1.5% to 3.5% down you will need to purchase your home within the city limits. Our company provides the added benefit that if you use Greg Woods Real Estate for your real estate needs prior to the expiration of the lease there is no security deposit penalty.
So, if you have friends, co-workers, or know someone at church who wants to buy, but just “can’t right now because…”, tell them about us and the benefits of renting before they look for their first home.
Let us be your place to rent while you save for your future home. We have networks & referrals available to help you get ready for the future. Let G.T. Woods Property Management in Saint Joseph help you find your next apartment in Saint Joseph.